viernes, 23 de enero de 2009

WRITINGS (1rs and 2n Term)

A FORMAL LETTER


23 Sidleway Road


Cambridge

CX24OY

10th October 2008



The Central Bank


13 Hoath Street

Dublin

RY275HML


Dear Sir Director,

I'm writing to you because I want to put a demand to your bank for swindle and for being part of the Organized Crime.
I'm going to present myself. I'm Jordi Vilà and I've been following your movements since 2000. I know all your tricks and all your organization. I also know all the robbed money that you've stolen from your bank. For that reason, now I have the control. You are behind the sword and the wall.
I would be pleased to receive from you a two-million-Euro check if you don't want to spend all the rest of your life in prison. Contact to me.

I want to hear news from you mr. Mafia..






Yours faithfully,



Jordi Vilà


Detective


FBI


A PROFILE OF A BAND



THE RAMONES


The Ramones was formed in the USA, in New York in 1974.The Ramones was formed in the USA, in New York in 1974. The original members were Joey Ramone (voice), Johnny Ramone (guitar), Dee Dee Ramone (bass) and Tommy Ramone(battery). They had lots of fun and we can describe them as the maisters of punk rock. The original members were Joey Ramone (voice), Johnny Ramone (guitar), Dee Dee Ramone (bass) and Tommy Ramone(battery). They had lots of fun and we can describe them as the masters of punk rock.


As I said, The were the firsts of playing the punk rock style and their songs triumphed because their lyrics were simple, enigmatic and sometimes silly. Their style was characterized for long guitar solos and direct and progressive songs. Moreover, all his fans had always support them. “This is one of the ways of our success” said Joey once in the New York Music Festival.

During his career, they had published fourteen CDs and they had done twenty one albums.
However, they had only won one gold CD. In 1996 the band disapeared and his last show was in Arentina in the Lollapalooza festival.




MY TIPICAL WEEKEND


On Friday evening, I never stay in. I usually play football matches and sometimes win.


On Saturday, I usually do my homework. Then, in the evening, I always go out with my friends. We sometimes go to the bowling in " Espai Gironés" or to the cinema.


On Sunday morning, I always get up early. In the afternoon, I usually go to the Camp Nou to watch a football match. I sometimes go ou on Sunday evening with my friends.





INTERNET AND BOOKS



PREPARATION

Look at the title for a discussion essay. Then prepare answers for questions 1-7.

Is the Internet important, in your opinion? Yes, it is. Internet has become one of the most important things in our world. I can imagine a world without internet. This would be one step behind for the humanity.

When did It become important? In my opinion, Internet wasn’t very important at first because it wasn’t popular and there was only Internet in some specific regions. I think that it became popular in the early 80s.

What did people do before this was invented? I don’t thing that Internet is important because it invented new things. Internet has only done things easier. People used to communicate between them by letters. Now, people write e-mails. Kids used to play outside, now they play computer games.

What can people do with it now? Now, the entire world is connected. People can have a conversation with somebody that is in the other side of the world. Internet has also allowed on-spot news. The notices travel fast.
People can also have fun with Internet. Surfing it, or playing online games has became very popular. Another scope is the culture. Internet is full of cultural pages which you can learn a lot.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of books? In my opinion, books have suffered the majesty of Internet. You have to buy a book to have it; in the Internet you have lots of books. A book is something sometimes bored. A book is a thing old-fashioned. But one point in favor is the pleasure you get when you are sitting in the terrace in a sun lounger taking the sun with a book in your hands.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet? There are lots of advantages. As I said before, Internet makes things easier. You can speak with somebody in another country. You can learn lots of things. You can have fun. But it isn’t all good. Sometimes Internet can be dangerous. There are a lot of stupid men called jakers that can make you lose a lot of information. Or there are also murders that use the Internet to contact with their victims.

On balance, which is the better invention? Why? In my opinion, I can’t say the books are better or it’s better the internet. I think that both have been amazing and revulsive inventions but each in its moment. Books changed the world when they were invented. And Internet has just done the same. So this is my point.


WRITING: Books and Internet

Internet has become one of the most important things in our world. Can you imagine a world without Internet? This would be one step behind for the humanity. Everybody is used to Internet. It wasn’t very important at first because it wasn’t popular and there was only Internet in some specific regions and in bad conditions. It became popular in the early 80s. Internet isn’t important because it invented new things. It has only done things easier. I mean, people used to communicate between them by letters. Now, people write e-mails. Kids used to play outside, now they play computer games.
Books have suffered the majesty of Internet. Normaly, a book is one story, Internet have millions of books. It is something sometimes bored. A book is a thing old-fashioned. But one point in favor is the pleasure you get when you are sitting in the terrace in a sun lounger taking the sun with a book in your hands.
Internet have lots of advantages. As I said before, Internet makes things easier. You can speak with somebody in another country. You can learn lots of things. You can have fun. But it isn’t all good. Sometimes Internet can be dangerous. There are a lot of stupid men called jakers that can make you lose a lot of information. Or there are also murders that use the Internet to contact with their victims.

All in all, in my opinion, I can’t say the books are better or it’s better the internet. I think that both have been amazing and revulsive inventions but each in its moment. Books changed the world when they were invented. And Internet has just done the same. Now it’s millions of times better the Internet but books have marked an era.





















HOW TO GET ON WITH YOUR PARENTS

1. If they let me more freedom, I would explain them more things about me and the things I do.
2. I would be more responsible at nights, if they let me stay more time out.
3. I would get better marks if they didn’t put pressure on me.
4. If they weren’t such busy parents we would have more time to stay together.
5. If my parents liked football we would have something to share opinions and talk about it.
6. I would be more orderly and I would tidy my bedroom in-depth if they didn’t tell me off too often.
7. If my parents accustomed me to eat vegetables when I was young, I would eat it now and me wouldn’t have arguments.
8. I would do my homework in a high quality, if my parents changed my bedroom.
9.If I was more responsible my parents would trust more in me
10. I would give way a little in the troubled topics if they also give way a bit.


A NEWS STORY


This was the most dramatic scene that I've never seen. It was in Barcelona. A hundred people were trapped sixteen hours when there was a problem in the underground. The subway had an accident against the tube that was coming in the other side.


The accident began at two o'clock in the afternoon. The subway coming from Passeig de Gracia had the fault. The driver apeased and the underground invaded the other lane.


Luckily, the passengers called the rescue services and nobody was injured. After six hours, all of the people were finally on the ground again. Later a victim said, "I was really scared and it has been the strongest experience of my life".


MY HOLIDAY


This last summer was the best of all. I did two trips. The first one was in South Africa. We flied thirteen hours to Johansburg, the capital. There we visited the enire city and for me, the best thing was the rest of the apartheid. In johansburg you can see a lot of poberty with little and destroyed houses with no water or light, and very near, you can see a neighborhood with skyscrapers and rich people. We also visited the Nelson Mandela Square which is a zone full of museums and shops relationated with Nelson. After that we went to Kruger Park Safari. It was fantastic. We saw lots of animals like lions, monkeys, elephants, eagles, and more. We also saw two antelopes fighting for a female and one lion trying to hunt a group of buffalos. It was magnific. We spent the lasts days of the family holiday in Cape Town where we could visit the "Cap de Bona ESperença". We also saw sea animals in Cape Town like whales, seals and penguins.


In July I went to Ireland with Cesc and Charles to lear English. We did a lot of friends and we had fun. We stayed there for three short weeks and it was an unforgettable experiance.


MY LIFE


I was born in Banyoles in 1993. I don't have much information of my first five years. I only have the image of a place that my mum used to go when I was young. It was a relaxed green space near the lake. One day, the mayor decided to prohibit going to this place. I don't go there since then.


Apart from that, my earliest memory was when I began to practice football. First of all I played with the school team but, a few years ago, I signed up for Banyoles CD. I remember that I was the worst in the team. I also recall my first teacher. It was Carme Busquets and I loved her class.


I've been at Escola Casa Nostra since always. This year is probably my last year in this school. I think I'm more enthusiastic now, and I'm a bit taller. My hair has changed too. I used to have short hair. When i finish secondary school, I'll definetly go to Batxillerat. Then, I may go to the university. I think that university parties could be very fun! Before I'm old I really want to go to Hawaii.


A PROBLEM


Preparation


What’s the situation?
Your parents have said you that you can’t see your girlfriend again because she’s a bad influence on you.

Are you angry?
Yes, I’m really annoyed and furious. I don’t understand their mind. I’m such a responsible person. I’m mature enough to decide what is good for me.

What’s your ideal solution?
My solution is that my parents don’t interfere. I think that they have their own problems.

What would be the consequences of that?
Just more freedom for me. No consequences.

Writing

I’ve got a problem. No, sorry, my parents have a big problem. They say that I can’t see my girlfriend again because it’s a bad influence on me. Can you believe it? I’m really annoyed and furious. I can’t understand their mind. I’m such a responsible person and I’m mature enough to decide what’s advisable for me. I think that my parents are exaggerating a lot. Well, the fact is that my girlfriend is not a model to follow, but I know she loves me and she will never hurt me.
I think that my parents mustn’t interfere in our relation. They have their own problems, so they have enough things to worry about. This is my solution: they must let me in peace! I think that this is the best solution and it won’t have bad consequences. Only more freedom for me which is a good thing.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario