martes, 24 de febrero de 2009

DIALOGUES

Suggestions

Jordi: What’s that?
Julia: It’s a really cool game called “Hen”. You have to keep yourself crouched down and pull your friend. The objective is the fall of the opponents.
Jordi: Can I have a look?
Julia: Of course. Why don’t you try it?
Jordi: No, thanks. I’m not into playing games like that. They’re too violent.
Julia: Well, you could always play something different. There’re a lot of popular games.
Jordi: I know. But you always beat me. How about going inside?
Julia: But the sun is shinning! Hey, why don’t we just relax and lie down in the grass.
Jordi: Ok. It’s a deal!

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA



Making an appointment

Jordi: Hello, Jordi’s Hairdresser’s. Jordi speaking. How can I help you?
Julia: Hello, I’d like to get a hair cut and some colour, please.
Jordi: That’s no problem. When would you like to make an appointment?
Julia: Friday, please.
Jordi: Sorry, but there aren’t any appointments on Friday. Is Saturday OK for you? At ten o’clock?
Julia: No sorry. I need an appointment on Friday.
Jordi: Yeah, but it’s impossible on Friday. Well, you could always try the Cutting Room opposite.
Julia: And what’s the number?
Jordi: It’s 626287788. Ask for Matias – he’s very good.
Julia: OK. I’ll phone him now. Thanks for your help.
Jordi: You’re welcome.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA



Returning a product

Jordi: Excuse me.
Julia: Hello. How can I help you?
Jordi: I’d like to return this jumper, please.
Julia: OK. What’s the problem with it?
Jordi: Well, I bought it for my sister but she doesn’t like the colour.
Julia: Maybe we’ve got the same jumper in another colour.
Jordi: There aren’t any more. I’ve already checked.
Julia: I see. Have you got a receipt?
Jordi: Yes, here you are.
Julia: Thanks. Well, you can choose another garment, or I can give you a refund.
Jordi: I’ll have a refund, please. My sister can come in and choose something different.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA



Describing an object

Julia: Excuse me, I’ve lost my jacket. Has anyone handed one in?
Jordi: A jacket? What sort of jacket? What does it look like?
Julia: It’s a mountain jacket. It’s blue and black.
Jordi: A blue and black mountain jacket. Hold on a minute. I’ll go and have a look.
Julia: OK, thanks.
Jordi: No, sorry. I’m afraid we haven’t got anything like that. Where did you last have it?
Julia: I think I left it in the café.
Jordi: What was in the pockets? Were there any valuables?
Julia: Well, my wallet was in there and there were fifty euros inside.
Jordi: OK. Well, leave your name and number and I’ll contact you if it turns up.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA



Invitations and excuses

Julia: Hey look, Jordi. That sexy and sexy dancer, as you say, is dancing again this weekend.
Jordi: Yeah? Where’s she playing?
Julia: At The Modernballet on Saturday.
Jordi: Right. I’m definitely going to that. Would you like to go with me?
Julia: I’d love to, but I’m afraid I can’t. My parents wouldn’t be very happy about it.
Jordi: Go on! They wouldn’t mind.
Julia: No, sorry. I’m supposed to be visiting my grandparents that night anyway.
Jordi: That’s a shame. Oh well, do you fancy going out another night?
Julia: I’ll think about it. Don’t lose the hope, OK?

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario